Got Schoolie questions? We've got your answers!
- Question: I have not received my Waiver Form, when will I receive it?
Answer: Once you have submitted your Registration Form and paid your Registration Fee, you will be added to the Schoolie Email List. All Waiver Forms will be sent out via email.
- Question: I have not received a confirmation email, am I registered?
Answer: Once you have filled out your Registration Form and paid your Registration Fee, you will receive a confirmation email which will include your ticket. If you have not received a confirmation email, please check your junk mail. If you still do not see a confirmation, contact us here.
- Question: I am traveling to attend the Schoolie Tournament. Do you have any lodging recommendations?
Answer: There are many lodging options on Cape Cod! We will be running with a remote start the morning of the tournament again this year, so you are able to stay wherever is most convenient.
- Question: Where are we allowed to fish during the Schoolie Tournament?
Answer: The Tournament is held on Cape Cod which is from the Cape Cod Canal’s Eastern bank to the Eastern tip of the Cape. Fishing anywhere on Cape Cod is legal as long as it is accessible by wading.
- Question: Can I fish from a boat during the Schoolie Tournament?
Answer: No, fishing from a boat is prohibited for the Schoolie Tournament. This is a wade only tournament. If you fish from a boat, you will be disqualified.
- Question: Do I need a fishing license for the Schoolie Tournament?
Answer: Yes, you do need a MA saltwater permit for the tournament. Non-residents with a valid CT, NH, or RI recreational saltwater fishing license are allowed to fish in MA through reciprocity agreements. Get your license and learn more here.
- Question: I totally fat thumbed my team’s name on the Registration Form! Am I able to change my team’s name?
Answer: Yes, you can change the name of your Team up until May 1st. After May 1st, all team names are final. If you would like to change the name of your team, please contact us by clicking here.
- My Teammate is no fun and bailed on me! Luckily, I found someone else who can join. Am I able to change my Teammate?
Answer: Yes, you can totally change to a cooler Teammate who is able to join! Please submit all Teammate change requests before May 1st by clicking here.
- Question: Are you having the Ladies Fly Fishing Event again this year? I had a blast last year and would love to sign up for it again this year!
Answer: We are planning on having the Ladies Fly Fishing Event again this year! It will be Thursday, May 18th, at West Dennis Beach. Register here (it's free!)
- Question: Can I fish with spinning gear in the Schoolie Tournament?
Answer: No, this is a fly fishing only tournament. If you fish with a spinning rod, you will be disqualified. You can review the full official tournament rules here.
- Question: Do I have to sign up for Captains Bag pickups?
Answer: Once you have submitted your Registration Form and paid your Registration Fee, you will be added to the Schoolie Email List. All details on Captains Bag pickup times and locations will be sent out via email as we approach the tournament, and can be found on the Schoolie Schedule page. You will not be required to sign up for a specific pick-up time or location.
- Question: Can my partner check us both in and pick up both Captain’s Bags?
Answer: Only one team member is required to attend a Captain's Bag pickup event. Both tickets are required as proof to check in the full team and collect both Captain's Bags.
- Question: Can I check in and/or collect Captain’s Bags for people on teams other than my own?
Answer: Unfortunately, this is not allowed. At least one member from each team must check in and collect their team’s Captain’s Bags.
- Question: What kind of Scorecard will be used this year? How do I get ahold of my Team’s Scorecard?
Answer: The Scorecards will be digital again this year. They will be distributed via email to the primary member (for most teams this will be the person who registered your team) of your team the morning of the tournament. It is very important for you to have cell service the morning of the tournament in order to receive this email.
- Question: I had something come up and I need to withdraw my full team from the Schoolie Tournament. Can I receive a refund on my registration?
Answer: The last date you can withdraw from the tournament and receive a refund on your tournament fee is May 1st. After May 1st, all registration fee proceeds will be contributed to striped bass conservation.
All other questions can be submitted here.